Third consecutive gold bagged by Sushil Kumar in Commonwealth Games 2018 is a wrestling star now!
How much do you know Indian wrestler Sushil Kumar? Just won gold in the men's 74-kilogram category at the 21st Commonwealth Games 2018, India now has 14 gold medals, 6 silvers, and 9 Bronze with a total medal tally of 29. Also, Rahul Aware clinched gold for India in men's 57-kilogram category.
[caption id="attachment_34115" align="aligncenter" width="960"]
Well, here you are brought to know about two-time Olympic medallist Sushil Kumar and how he wins the heart of many. Have a look-
- At the age of 18, he became the Haryana State Champion.
- During the practice at Chhatrasal stadium, his family supported him despite looking at the budget. His family used to send him milk cans and cooked vegetables to the fullest.
- Also, Sushil's father was a DTC bus driver and wrestler too. His father is his mentor and Sushil started wrestling at the age of 14.
- Believing that no wrong message should reach to the youth, he refused to be the part of a surrogate advertisement for a liquor brand in 2012.
- He is the first person to clinch two Olympic medals- silver and bronze for democratic India.
- In Asian Championships, he has established his name. He has won one gold, silver and two bronze medals.
- He has set his name in Commonwealth Championships after winning five gold medals including Delhi Commonwealth too.
- Presently, he is an Assistant Commercial Manager at the Indian Railways.
[caption id="attachment_34116" align="aligncenter" width="630"]
Sushil Kumar Solanki is pure vegetarian and has a contribution to social works. Cheers to Wrestling Star Sushil Kumar for making India proud!
For more, stay updated to Gabruu.com