As you all know that the annual Amarnath pilgrimage is just about to start tomorrow, a newly received message from Hizbul Mujahideen militant group in Kashmir has lended a sigh of relief to the pilgrims. An audio message believed to be from Hizbul Mujahideen operational commander Riyaz Ahmad Naikoo sought to assure pilgrims that they could go on the yatra this year even without security cover. “You don’t need any security as you are our guests,’’ Naikoo said in the 15-minute audio clip being circulated on social media. The message said -
Recently J&K DGP SP Vaid said that the security of the Amarnath yatra has been beefed-up, as militants are planning to attack the yatra. This is not true. We don’t have any plan to attack Amarnath yatra and will never attack them, They (yatris) are coming here to fulfill their religious obligations. We have never attacked the Amarnath yatra in the past as our fight is not with the yatris. Our fight is with those people who are committing atrocities on our people and those who forced us to pick up the gun,’it added. Based in south Kashmir and high up on the most-wanted list of security forces is Naikoo, who said Hizbul’s fight has never been against the people of India. Last year, eight pilgrims were killed when suspected militants attacked a bus in Anantnag town. This year the yatra will start from Pahalgam in South Kashmir on Thursday.