India's Minister of Home Affairs, Amit Shah has given a big gift for the people of Jammu and Kashmir and flags off Delhi-Katra Vande Bharat Express Train.
This will be the second Vande Bharat Express to run on the Delhi-Katra route. Currently, it runs on the route of Delhi-Varanasi.
Amit Shah during the inauguration of the Vande Bharat Express train on route of Delhi-Katra have shared some facts:
- Jammu and Kashmir will be seen as one of the most developed regions in the next 10 decades to come as Article 370 which was the biggest roadblock of development has been abolished.
- This train called Delhi-Katra Vande Bharat Express train is termed as a big gift for the people of Jammu and Kashmir state.
- The travel time using this train will be cut by 4 hours which was earlier at 12 hours to reach the last station on the way to Vaishno Devi temple; now will take only 8 hours.
Vande Bharat Express which is also known as Train 18 was built by the Integral Coach Factory (ICF) of Chennai under the Make in India initiative and launched on February 15th, 2019.
Train 18 is a Semi-high speed intercity with electric multiple units and it is estimated that the cost of almost 40% less as compared to an equivalent train if imported from Europe.
The first commercial run of Train 18 of Delhi-Katra Vande Bharat Express will commence as on October 5th and people can book their tickets from IRCTC
As for the ticket pricing, the minimum fare starts at Rs. 1630 and the maximum is Rs. 3014.
Train Schedule and Fare
Delhi-Katra Vande Bharat Express has been given the number 22439 and it will depart from New Delhi Railway station at 6 am in the morning to reach Katra by 2 pm noontime. The return journey from Katra to New Delhi railway station will start at 3 pm and reach by 11 pm at night respectively.
This train will be a weekly train though it will no run on Tuesdays. The train will have 2-minute halts at Ambala Cantt, Ludhiana, and Jammu Tawi.
On this launch, PM Narendra Modi has also tweeted while congratulating the people of Jammu and Kashmir.
Delhi-Katra Vande Bharat Express Train Features & Facilities
- The train will run at a maximum speed of 130 kmph based on the track limitations as of now, though its maximum speed ranges in 160 to 180 kmph
- This train has revolving seats to turn to 180 degrees
- There will be a total of 16 coaches which includes 14 chair cars and 2 being executive class chair cars. A total of 1100 passengers can travel by this train
- The train is equipped with internal Wifi, Clean and fresh toilets, GPS based entertainment system.
- The train also have Plastic bottle crushers, A pantry, Deep freezer, Hot cases, and bottle coolers.
- The windows and glasses come equipped with anti spall films and have roller blind sunscreen technology.
Rest, at this launch, our Union Minister Piyush Goyal shared the fact that Indian Railways will get a good connection from Kashmir to Kanyakumari by 15th August 2022.