STORY, SCREENPLAY AND DIALOGUES
The story of the film revolves around two cousins Dolly and Kajal and about a secret shared by them. Living in the suburbs of New Delhi, Dolly is a middle-class working mother with two son and a hardworking husband. They are excited as they plan to move to a newly built apartment. There is a secret they keep to maintain their picture perfect lifestyle. Kajal moves from rural India to live in a city, but the opportunities are very few for a young woman with little skills. So she works in a late night hotline under the name Kitty on a dating app and meets a man.
The story, screenplay and dialogues are written by Alankrita Shrivastava and she has also directed the film. The film is beautifully written and the subplots are beautifully interwoven into the screenplay.
There are however some loose ends in the screenplay but they are very few and do not distract or annoy you. The pace of the screenplay is quick and the climax is beautifully written. Last 25 minutes are the best.
The dialogues are very real .
1. KONKANA SENSHARMA AS DOLLY She is a superstar. You ask her to enact a stone and she'll ace it. She is brilliant in every frame of theflick. She does complete justice to her role.
2. BHUMI PEDNEKAR AS KAJAL AKA KITTY
is fantastic. She has lived and embodied Kitty with utmost conviction. The lack of confidence, the first phone call, the first sexual encounter she excells in every scene. There is an intimate scene between her and Vikrant her performance in that scene is to die for.
MASSEY AS PRADEEP is superb . He lends a
great support and leaves a great impression.
4 AMOL PARASHAR AS OSMAAN is excellent. He looks his part and acts accordingly. The sincerity that he brings in his expressions will make you fall for him.
5 KUBBRA SAIT in a special appearance makes her presence felt
6. KARAN KUNDRA has a brief role. His role is underwritten but he acts well.
7. AAMIR BASHIR AS AMIT is really good. His body language is superb.
8. KALP SHAH AS PAPPU A special mention has to be made for this amazing child actor. He impresses you with a great performance.
9. NEELIMA AZIM in a special appearance is really impressive.
DIRECTION AND OTHER TECHNICAL ASPECTS
This film is directed by Alankrita Shrivastava and she always manages to impress. Her stories are heartwarming and she has the ability to suck her viewers into the world that she creates. The cinematography by John Jacob is also very good.
Dolly Kitty aur woh chamakte sitare is a great film with stellar performances . Watch it for the superb chemistry between Bhumi and Konkana. This film deserves the views and support. It's streaming on NETFLIX
I'M GOING WITH 4/5