Indian sprinter Hima Das won her second international gold in women’s 200m at the Kutno Athletics Meet in Poland on July 6, 2019. This is her second international gold within a week. She won gold in women’s 200m held at Poland.
Hima Das is struggling with a back problem for the past few months but she has clocked 23.97 seconds to clinch the gold while VK Vismaya bagged the silver in 24.06. National record holder Muhammed Anas also won the gold in men's 200m race with a time of 21.18 seconds.
Key Highlights of the event
her first competitive 200m race of the year, the Hima Das had clocked 23.65s on
her way to gold in the Poznan Athletics Grand Prix, in Poland. Vismaya had
finished third in that meet with a personal best time of 23.75.
• Hima is the reigning world junior champion and national record holder in 400m. National record holder Muhammed Anas also won the gold in men's 200m race at Kutno Athletics Meet in Poland.
• Jabir MP won the gold in men’s 400m hurdles in 50.21 seconds while Jithin Paul was third in 52.26 seconds.
About Hima Das
Hima Das was born on January 9, 2000. She holds the current Indian
national record in 400 meters with a timing of 50.79 seconds that she clocked
at the 2018 Asian Games in Jakarta.
• She is the first Indian athlete to win a gold medal in a track event at the IAAF (International Association Of Athletics Federation) World U20 Championships.
• At the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games in April 2018, Hima finished sixth at the 400m (51.32 seconds) and seventh at the 4x400 meters relay.
• She was conferred with Arjuna Award by the President of India on September 25, 2018.
• She has also appointed as Assam’s brand ambassador for sports by the government of Assam.