Woo the second day of CWG 2018! Indian players lead a great opening.
With the commencement of Weightlifting in CWG 2018, India spreads and enhanced its expectations of gaining more for their fans. That's really cool!
Keep on motivating Indians for their brilliant performance internationally. Let's go through the achievements of the day in one go-
- Indian Sanjita Chanu Khumukcham bagged Gold in women's 53kg weightlifting competition.
Felt happy for the achievement, Khumukcham said, “It was easier in Glasgow,” after the competition. She further said, “It was tougher this time. Still, I was able to do it, so I'm really happy”
[caption id="attachment_33582" align="aligncenter" width="970"]
Following this, Loa Dika TOUA from Papua New Guinea bagged silver and Rachel LEBLANCE-BAZINET from Canada owned the Bronze medal.
- In Men's 69kg weightlifting competition, India bagged a Bronze medal.
Gareth Evans from Wales claims Gold in weightlifting, silver owned by Sri Lankan Indika C. DISSANAYAKE MUDIYANSELAGE, and Bronze by Deepak Lather from India.
[caption id="attachment_33583" align="aligncenter" width="600"]
- Women's 58kg for Weightlifting, Australian Tia Clair TOOMEY won the gold medal.
A Silver medal owned by Tali DARISIGNY from Canada and Bronze medal by Jenly WINI from the Solomon Islands.
CWG 2018 remained Cherishing in Swimming in various categories-
- In Women's S9 100m Backstroke Swimming, England lead. Alice TAI grabbed the gold medal.
Ellie COLE from Australia owned silver and Australian Ashleigh MCCONNELL grabbed the bronze medal.
- England Sarah VASEY owned the gold medal in Women's 50m Breaststroke.
A Silver medal bagged by Jamaica's Alia ATKINSON and Bronze medal by Australian Leiston PICKETT.
- In Women's 100m Butterfly (Swimming), Emma MCKEON led with a Gold medal
Madeline GROVES from Australia owned silver while Brianna THROSSELL bronze.
- Australian Timothy DISKEN achieved gold in Men's S9 100m Freestyle Swimming
Lewis WHITE from England grabbed silver and Australian Brenden HALL won Bronze.
- The Gold medal is bagged by Chad LE CLOS, South Africa in Men's 50m Butterfly (Swimming)
Dylan CARTER from Trinidad and Tobago bagged silver while bronze owned by South African.
- In Men's 400m Individual Medley (Swimming), Australian Clyde LEWIS achieved gold
Mark SZARANEK from Scotland won silver and New Zealand's Lewis CLAREBURT owned Bronze.
- From Men's 4 x 100m Freestyle Relay swimming, Australia won Gold
England bagged silver and Scotland bagged Bronze
- Australian Kyle CHALMERS won gold in Men's 200m Freestyle (Swimming)
Australian Mack HORTON bagged Silver and Scotland Duncan SCOTT bagged bronze.
- In swimming competition- Men's 100m Backstroke, Mitch LARKIN from Australia owned gold
Bradley WOODWARD of Australia owned silver and Markus THORMEYER from Canada won a Bronze medal.
CWG 2018: Results for Cycling Track Competition
|Women's 3000m Individual Pursuit
|Men's 4000m Individual Pursuit
- In women's artistic gymnastics, Canada bagged gold, England silver, and Australia Bronze.
So, here ends the auspicious second day of CWG 2018.
Recap: Day 1 CommonWealth 2018
Stay updated to Gabruu.com for more!