The air pollution in New Delhi gets worse by the passing of each day. Reacting to the situation, mothers and Doctors from the capital's medical fraternity have begun a movement. The movement is an initiative to call on everyone to safeguard the future of children. Titled "Please help us save our children", these doctors believe now is the time to act. Here are some shocking effects of the New Delhi smog revealed by these doctors.
- A girl in her 20s exposed to this type of air will at 40 have six times higher chances of getting breast cancer.
- There will be a Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and lung cancer epidemic." (COPD is a group of lung diseases that affects normal air-breathing and it is not fully reversible. An example is Bronchitis).
What could be the possible solution? Addressing the situation, these doctors came up with some strategies.
- There is a need to educate more people at all levels about the effect of various practices that can cause air pollution.
- There is a need for a change in lifestyle. Homes should avoid having cars for luxury.
- Within the house, people should take small steps, like wet mopping and use vacuum cleaners if they can afford them.
- There should be a ban on crackers across India. Farmers should be provided with alternatives to crop burning. The use of brooms should be stopped immediately.
Besides the campaign by the doctors, Varun Dhawan a Bollywood star on his Instagram page announced the campaign and initiatives he will be undertaking to curb air pollution in New Delhi. [caption id="attachment_23829" align="alignnone" width="823"]
Varun Dhawan's Instagram Video[/caption]
Related Posts :