World Kindness Day is to highlight good deeds in the community focusing on the positive power and the common thread of kindness which binds us. It was introduced in 1998 by the World Kindness Movement, a coalition of nations' kindness NGOs. In 2009, India started observing the day along with other major countries.
Today marks a decade since India started observing World Kindness Day along with the whole world. On this day, we don't want to tell you what you should in order to be kind to others. We can only say that kindness comes from within and it doesn't require a big gesture to show that you're kind.
There are simple, little things that'll allow you to not only celebrate this day but will also make you feel better about yourself. Check the list below:
1. Help an elderly neighbor take out the trash.
2. Let the person in line behind you go ahead of you.
3. Compliment at least 5 people.
4. Leave happy notes around town.
5. Sit next to someone who is sitting alone at lunch.
6. Write your siblings a note about how much you appreciate them.
7. Leave your server a gigantic tip (especially if they weren’t great at it).
8. Hold the door open for someone.
9. Do a chore without being asked.
10. Smile at everyone you see.
It's not so difficult to be kind to one another. We, humans, need to understand that it's about the random acts rather than big things.