Ajay Devgn is the son of stunt director Veeru Devgn and Veena Devgn. Ajay made his debut in 1991 in Sandesh Kohl's 'Phool Aur Kaante (1991) ". He was a breath of fresh air and his stunts were class apart . Ajay proved it with his very first film that he is here to stay and a star is born. 90's, 2k, 2010 and now 2020 Ajay has grown and become the master of his craft. He got successful not only as an actor but also as a director and a producer.
Ajay started off his career with an action -masala film but never developed cold feet for trying different genres. Ajay has always been open to experimenting with his roles. Be it Omkara, Zakhm, Raincoat, Golmaal, de de pyaar de, Tanhaji the unsung warrior and his latest under production S.S Rajamouli film RRR , Ajay Devgn has a variety of characters to his credit .
In films like Ishq Ajay showed his light comedy side and broke the notion of the people that he is only limited to do action films.
It is said that his intense and ferocious eyes are the secret to his performance.
Two of his films 'Deewangee' and "mai aisa hi hoon" deserves a special mention because his performance in these films was par excellence. In 2010 Ajay starred in some ensemble films namely "Rajneeti" ,"All the Best ".
Ajay's directorial debut film "u me aur hum" got a mixed review so did Shivaay" .
Ajay holds a
two time National award for his performance in 'Zakhm' and 'The Legend of
Bhagat Singh '.
• In the 90s, there were stories about the fight between Raveena Tandon and Karisma Kapoor over him, as he was dating Raveena before Karisma. Following the break-up, Raveena revealed the stories of Ajay's betrayal. On the other hand, Ajay clarified by saying that, "Tell that girl that she should go ahead and publish those letters, even I want to read the figment of her imagination! Our families have known each other for years; she used to come over to our place because she’s a friend of my sister Neelam. When she started behaving badly, we couldn’t throw her out, could we? I was never close to her. Ask her, if I’ve ever called her up or talked to her on my own. She’s just trying to get publicity by linking her name to mine."
• In 2009, Karan Ramsay (Producer) filed a copyright infringement case against him over the script of the film All The Best. After the legal battle, the case went in favour of Ramsay, but Ajay's production house claimed that their film was an official remake of an English comedy play, Right Bed Wrong Husband.
• After the trailer release of his film Son of Sardaar, the Human Rights activist Navkiran Singh filed a case against him and asked him to cut off the derogatory scenes and remarks that wrongly depicted the Sikhs. Following the heat, Ajay did the changes suggested by them.
• Before the Diwali release of his film Son of Sardaar and Yash Chopra's Jab Tak Hai Jaan, Ajay filed a legal complaint against Yashraj Films claiming that they had manipulated distributors and exhibitors in getting more screens for their film.
Ranaut allegedly got involved with Ajay Devgn when the two were shooting for
Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai. The two actors reportedly got along well and soon
their camaraderie seemed to have blossomed into a love affair with no strings
attached. Ajay was married to Kajol and their love story is also of epic
proportions. As per media reports, it was a casual romance where none expected
anything from the other.
Here are top 5 Ajay Devgn films that you can watch
1) Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior (Rs 269.70 crore)
2) Golmaal Again (Rs 205.50 crore)
We wish the legendary actor a happy birthday once again