Jasmine Sandlas aka Gulabi Queen of Punjabi music industry is a face that needs no introduction to anyone. Her songs like Illegal Weapon, LV di Jean, Laddoo, Punjabi Mutiyara gained her fame, name and success. Keeping her speciality in Punjabi siging and writing, the Gulabi Queen is renowned all the over the world today for her colored hair and carefree singing style.
Let's see some unknown facts about the singer, which are known to very few people, or only to her family members and near and dear ones.
- Jasmine sung her first song when she was 6 years old, and wrote her first song at the age of 16 years. The song she wrote was titled, 'Adhi Raat' and was released with her debut album named Gulabi.
- Initally her parents were not supportive of her career in the field of music, and just wanted her to study well, get married and have a family of her own.
- Jasmine sung a song which was titled 'Muskan' and was written by Lallie Gill. She sung this in 2008.
- The singers who inspired to sing were Surinder Kaur and poet Shiv Kumar Batalvi.
- She loves writing her songs either on the beaches or at the cafes. Now we know the reason of her songs being so creative.
- She has a degree in pschyology. She also went to pre-law school, but ended up with music at last.
- Gulabi was her official debut album, which brought her immense fame. But she had also released an underground album named 'The Diamond'.
- Did you know that she is part of TV series which is named Angles of Rock.
The most surprisign fact is that she does not smoke or drink. Despite this she has written rave songs which were superhit among the youngsters.