Akshay Kumar is one of the finest action heroes of our industry. It has been around two decades since he joined the Hindi film industry. We all know that Akshay is a down to earth man who believes in simplicity.
Yesterday this actor turned 51 where he celebrated his special day with family. On his special day, we decided to reveal some unknown facts about the actor.
- Many people don't know that Akshay Kumar, who is also known as Akki his real name was Rajiv Hari Om Bhatia. What made him change his name was a film where the screen name was Akshay Kumar. He was so affected by the name that he decided to adopt it as his own.
- His first job was of a waiter in a Thai restaurant called Metro Guest House.
- During his stay in Bangkok, he had posters of Sri Devi, Sylvester Stallon and Jackie Chan. Later he worked with all of them.
- During one of his interviews, he confessed that he had stolen watches from Chandni Chowk in Delhi while he was younger.
- He doesn't believe in makeovers. The actor feels that he will not look younger on the big screen.
- He nearly broke his back and neck while lifting 350 pounds during the shoot of 'Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi'.
- Now this one is really surprising that the actor holds a Canadian Citizenship.
- One unknown fact about him is that he shot a Punjabi devotional song 'Nirgun Raakh Liya' and donated all its profits to the victims of 2006 Mumbai train bombings.
For more content like this, keep visiting gabruu.com