On 11th October, one of the
most anticipated films, 'The Sky is Pink' hit the theatres. Starring Priyanka
Chopra Jonas, Farhan Akhtar, Zaira Waseem and Rohit Saraf, the film is based on the real-life story of a motivational speaker, Aisha Chaudhary.
Directed by Shonali Bose, the mega-starrer could only see a collection of Rs. 2.50 crore on its opening day. Despite being a big-budget film, it received a very dull response from the audiences.
We have listed some points which could
be the reason for this low response:
- Since a big-budget will
be screened mostly at the multiplexes. So, there are chances that the footfall will increase on Saturday and Sunday.
- Considering that it has a big star cast in Priyanka and Farhan, everyone was expecting all the actors to promote the film in full flow, however, that wasn't the case. Even though PeeCee was there for all the promotions, it didn't get the response experts thought it would.
- The film' story spans over thirty years and even though it shouldn't be a negative factor, there is a possibility that the story didn't really strike a chord with the audiences. Having said that, the word of mouth plays a major role
these days. The numbers are deemed to increase in the coming weekend.
- Hrithik Roshan and Tiger Shroff starrer 'WAR' is still going strong in the third
week of its release. It has already crossed Rs 200-crore mark and the big competition could be one of the factors for its slow start.
- Another major reason could be the release
of DC’s Joker. Starring Joaquin Phoenix as the lead, the film saw its
biggest opening in the DC world after Justice League.
- Other than the factors mentioned above, another thing is music. Music attracts the
audiences and creates hype for any movie. The music of "The Sky is Pink' has made the headlines, which again could be one of the reasons that the audiences have chosen to stay away from it.
*The above-mentioned factors are speculations and we are expecting the film to get better response on Saturday and Sunday.